|Version 2 (modified by minam, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Automatic updates work in the following way. The administrator has to put an XML file with following structure on the server:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <softphone> <version> <build>20090413091240</build> <url>http://server.example.com/updates/install.exe</url> <version_marketing>X.Y</version_marketing> <filesize>1234567</filesize> </version> </softphone>
- build - thu number identifying the update using format YYYYMMDDBBBBBB, where YYYYMMDD is the date of the build and BBBBBB is the build number. This whole number is compared like an unsigned integer, so the date has higher priority than the build number.
- url - path to the executable file of the update; There is no need to use the whole installation pack. It can be just a tiny executable modifying for example just few bytes of some library.
- version_marketing - marketing version number
- filesize - the size of an executable in bytes
The paths can be specified before the compilation in file wengophone/resources/config/config.xml. They can also be changed anytime using the application menu (Tools > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced Configuration Window). In both cases, you should change the following items:
- wengo.server.hostname - server, where the xml file is stored (e.g. server.example.com)
- wengo.softupdate.path - relative path to the xml file (např. /updates/updates.xml)
- url.download - link to the page, where the updates can be obtained manually (e.g. server.example.com/updates/updates.php) - mainly for non-Windows operating systems, see below
- https.updates.enabled - boolean value indicating whether the https should be used
After logging in the updates are automatically checked. If they are available, the application shows notification window and asks whether to download them. If the user press Yes, the update will download, application will exit and the update file will be executed. When the user press No, the number of this update will be saved in user profile, so they won't be offered again. If the user changes his mind, he can download updates using menu commands (Help > Check for Updates...).
Other operating systems
When the update is available, the application shows the notification window with link to the update.
Uploading new update
Whenever new update is going to be released, you have to modify the XML file, so the number inside build tags is greater than the previous. Then you have to specify the path to the update executable, marketing version and file size.